Kim Jong-un is back!
After 40 days of silence, he is finally back on the radar. Nobody can really escape the world of satire, and I was actually writing this article the same time that he reappeared in the press. It was just a bunch of pictures to fill the void that Kim left in all our hearts, but shit man, now that he’s back let me introduce you to the guy.
He’s a great tour guide, too. He really gets into his surroundings.
1. Behold, I am Kim. This is my kingdom.
2. Kim visited Chonji Lubricant Factory this past summer. This was part of a tour to support domestic industry that can help decrease the need for imports, like this lube. Over 80% of imports come from their only two Asian neighbors: China (62%) and South Korea (20%).
3. North Korea is said to have the most submarines of any navy in the world (78), yet all of them are diesel-powered and, therefore, practically obsolete.
4. There’s an entire Tumblr dedicated to pictures of Kim Jong-un looking at things.
5. North Korean recently came out with a mushroom sports drink.
6. Over 2.5 million people have signed up with Koryolink, the North Korean mobile provider since 2008, and proper phone etiquette was serious enough to warrant official guidelines. A mobile phone costs up to a fifth of the average annual salary.
7. North Koreans are racist as shit, and Dennis Rodman made it worse.
8. Kim Jong-un’s two favorite acts are Moranbong Band and the Sea of Blood Opera.
10. Kim’s father had an affection for dolphins and fancy dogs. Kim seems to appreciate all manner of aquatic life.